LAPEN’s operation is currently funded by the Louisiana Department of Health and Hospitals, Office of Public Health, Bureau of Family Health’s Maternal, Infant and Early Childhood Home Visitation (MIECHV) grant. The grantee is the Southeast Louisiana Area Health Education Center (SELAHEC – www.selahec.org). Effective March 2014, LAPEN is a program of SELAHEC, which provides extensive opportunities for collaboration and partnerships supporting children and families.
LAPEN seeks to be an association for all Louisiana parenting educators. The membership of LAPEN consists of any individual, organization, agency or business interested in the goals, vision, and mission of LAPEN. LAPEN’s work is guided by a Guidance Team.
LAPEN GUIDANCE TEAM
The Guidance Team consists of the immediate past Director of LAPEN and representatives of regions throughout the state, the National Parenting Education Network (NPEN), the Department of Children and Family Services (DCFS), and the private/faith-based community.
- Barbara LeBlanc – National Parenting Education Network
- Jacinta Settoon – Department of Children and Family Services
- Michael Gaines – Private Practice
- Evangeline Boudreaux – Regional Representative, Lafayette
- Gatha Green – Regional Representative, Monroe
- Sheri Hogg – Regional Representative, Lake Charles
- Deborah Jones – Regional Representative, Baton Rouge
- LaRhonda Coleman – Regional Representative, Bossier City
- Anamaria Villamarin-Lupin – Regional Representative, New Orleans
- Pam Wall – Regional Representative, St. Francisville
We encourage you to become active in LAPEN. Learn about LAPEN’s history, activities, and goals. For more information, contact us at email@example.com.